These CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES are giving me life right now! 🍠🍟 Especially since fries have been my biggest pregnancy craving… baby girl must take after her seio when it comes to loving potatoes. 🥔💗🙋🏻♀️ The cool thing about these fries is that they’re healthier than most, super easy to make and are actually crispy!
Here’s the recipe:
• 2 medium – large sweet potatoes, cut into thin slices (about 1/4 inch)
• 2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
• 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• sea salt, to taste (added after baking)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
2. Place sweet potato slices into a large bowl and toss with oil, arrowroot powder, garlic powder and pepper.
3. Spread the fries onto your prepared baking sheet, making sure the fries aren’t crowded. You may find that you need to use two baking sheets. The fries can’t be crowded or else they will start to steam and get soft rather than crispy.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, take them out of the oven and flip, then bake for another 15-20 minutes.
5. Keep an eye on them the last 5 minutes as some of the smaller pieces might start to burn.