Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal! 🍓🍌🍫 I got so many DMs about this recipe after sharing a sneak peek last week so I’m giving YOU early-access before the recipe goes live on the blog in a couple weeks. 🎉
• 2 cups rolled old-fashioned oats
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 cups almond milk
• 1 large egg (or 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed)
• 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 2 ripe bananas (1 mashed and 1 sliced)
• 1 1/2 cups fresh quartered strawberries (divided)
• 1/4 cup chocolate chips (divided)
• cooking spray
• additional strawberries, bananas and milk for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add in milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and mashed banana. Stir well to combine.
3. Gently fold in 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 of your banana slices and 1/8 cup of chocolate chips.
4. Carefully pour oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish.
5. Scatter the remaining strawberries, banana slices and chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the middle of the bake is set (it might still be a tiny wet from the strawberries but that’s okay). The top/edges will be golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. This will allow the baked oatmeal to set a bit more. Portion and serve. Top with additional fresh strawberries, banana and a splash of milk. .
PS: This bake is great for meal prep it. Make it today, let cool, store in the fridge and reheat a portion for breakfast throughout the week! 🙌