A dreary weekend calls for baking! Almost forgot about these tahini chocolate chip cookies I shared over 4 years ago. 🍪 Made a batch this weekend and had to share because dang, they are GOOD. I made a couple changes from the original recipe for this batch (no extra seeds + no coconut flakes). See recipe below. PS: They’re #vegan #grainfree & #glutenfree. 💃🏻💯😊
1 cup tahini
½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 Tablespoons water
1 tablespoon chia seeds
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
1-3 Tablespoons coconut flour
flaked sea salt, for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine ground flaxseed with water + set aside for 5-10 mins or until gelatinous.
3. Use a medium bowl to combine tahini, maple syrup, flaxseed mixture, chia seeds, cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda and vanilla. Stir together until everything is incorporated. Fold in dark chocolate.
4. If you’re tahini is thin, the batter might be really runny at this point. If this is the case, you can add the coconut flour. Start with one tablespoon and add more until the batter isn’t runny. I used 3 Tablespoons.
5. Scoop out the cookie batter using a cookie scoop or Tablespoon and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
6. Remove from oven + cool. Sprinkle a few sea salt flakes (if using) on top of each cookie and then allow the cookies to cool on the pan at least 15 mins before touching or removing. Enjoy right away or store in an air-tight container.